Effective date June 18, 2020 - Updated
2) Information we collect and how we use it
Our Web site, mobile apps and services set cookies to administer our products, to gather broad demographic information, to deliver content requested by you or specific to your interests, to customize our site, mobile apps and services for you, and to save your username and city so that you don't have to enter it each time you visit.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identifies your browser or device. We may use technologies like cookies, pixels and local storage to deliver, secure, and understand products, services, and ads.
A cookie is a small line of data that is stored on your hard drive or device. Some cookies are only stored for the duration of a single browser session; others persist across sessions. We only save your password and member name if you tell us to do so; your password is encrypted, stored on your computer or device and transferred over the Internet in an encrypted format. Keep in mind that anyone using your Web browser or device would be able to access the Adam4Adam site, apps and services as you if you choose to store your member name and password. Adam4Adam's Web servers also set session ID cookies that are used to allow our servers to deliver information you request (e.g., search results). Members who do not want to receive cookies can instruct their Web browsers to refuse them; however, doing so may prevent most parts of Adam4Adam's site and apps from working (e.g., anything that requires login, including member chat, etc). While cookies set by Adam4Adam may be used to collect personally identifiable information and can be traced to an individual user, this personally identifiable information is used only for internal purposes.
Some cookies expire after a certain amount of time, or upon logging out (session cookies), others remain on your computer or terminal device for a longer period (persistent cookies). Our site and apps use first party cookies (cookies set directly by Adam4Adam) as well as third party cookies, as described below. For more details on cookies please visit All About Cookies.
Type of Cookies Used. The site and apps use the following technologies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Used to provide Users with the Services available through our Site and apps to use some of their features, such as the ability to log-in and access to secure areas. These cookies are served by Adam4Adam and are essential for using and navigating the Site and apps. Without these cookies, basic functions of our Site and apps would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and our Services, you cannot refuse them.
- Analytics/Performance: Used to better understand the behavior of the Users on our Site/apps and improve our Site/aps accordingly, for example by making sure Users are finding what they need easily. The Site/apps use Google Analytics and Yandex, web analytic services. The information collected by Google and Yandex (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google and Yandex on their secured servers. How long a Google Analytics and Yandex cookie remains on your computer or device depends on what it is and what it is used for. Some Google Analytics and Yandex cookies expire at the end of your browser session, whilst others can remain for up to two years.
Please note that if you limit the ability of our website and apps to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our services and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of Adam4adam.
If you access our services on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
Membership on the Adam4Adam Site, mobile apps and services is completely optional. Adam4Adam's registration form requires users to give their email address. On our join form, required fields are marked. Adam4Adam will never share e-mail addresses with third party organizations without your express permission.
You may select during the registration process to allow us to use your email address to send newsletters and promotional emails related to Adam4Adam and our services. You can stop (opt-out) from receiving promotional emails at any time if you unsubscribe by following the unsubcribe link at the bottom of any email communication or by accessing your account settings. If you unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails we can still send communication email related to your activites on Adam4Adam.
Control of Your Password
Do not disclose your password to any third parties nor share it with any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password. To change your password you can do so at any time through the MY ACCOUNT page then click Change Password.
When purchasing products or services on the Adam4Adam site, you're asked for credit card, billing, and shipping information. This information is transmitted using a secure, encrypted form. You can see that the transaction is secure from the fact that the URL begins with the secure address https:// and we ensure encryption through the use of standard SSL encryption technologies. This credit card information is gathered to bill customers for services purchased. Only billing vendors have access to financial information and only for the purpose of billing customers. At times Adam4Adam may refer users to other Web sites to purchase products or services. User activity on those sites is covered by the privacy policies on those sites.
Adam4Adam provides many venues for member interaction and community. In some cases use of such tools (e.g., chat rooms) may reveal a user's member name or e-mail address and may permit users to publish certain personal information on the Adam4Adam site and apps. In all cases, users affirmatively choose to expose or place this information in public areas (e.g. profile page) of the Adam4Adam site and apps, and thereby agree that such information may be viewed by or forwarded to anyone. Users who do not want this information to be publicly available should not post in public areas of the Adam4Adam and apps.
Adam4Adam Profiles and ProAds
Adam4Adam permits users to submit adult-oriented personal information for use in the Adam4Adam Profile and ProAd services. This information is also stored for the purposes of member self-publishing and interaction and to customize the user's Adam4Adam site and app experience. By registering for Adam4Adam Profiles or ProAd and submitting your user information, you understand that the information provided in the profie or ProAd, including your photograph, may be forwarded by members to other members and to persons who are not members. Adam4Adam will not knowingly collect Profile or ProAd information from those under the age of 18.
Adam4Adam stores feedback members send to us. This feedback is used to administer and refine the Adam4Adam and associated services and at times may be shared with Adam4Adam partners either in aggregate form or individually with specific identifying characteristics about the Member (e.g., e-mail address or name) removed.
Adam4Adam tracks individual IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our service, to administer our site, apps and to gather broad demographic information. User IP address information is used only for our internal purposes.
We may receive information about your location. For example, you may choose to publish your location in your Adam4Adam profile and when you set your trend location on the site and apps. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address.
Information We Receive From Your Use of Our service
When you use our services, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser or device automatically sends whenever you visit the site or apps when you use it. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the site or app), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with our services.
Device information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other Users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
How we use information
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To authenticate our users and provide our services. This processing is necessary to perform the contract with you. As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for products and services;
- To customize our services for you, including providing recommendations, personalized advertising and content (please read below to learn how we use Personal Data for targeted advertisement). For example, we use information on your use of Services features, including information that we obtain through cookies, to better understand your needs and interests in order to personalize your experience with our Services by presenting products and offers tailored to your interests. We use your public information and your location information (described above) to infer what topics you may be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads, with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow; We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don't share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are).
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the site and apps, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To conduct research, and provide reporting to third parties;
- If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfil your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services, and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
- For individuals in the EU, please see the “European Union (EU) Users” section below for information on what we mean by legitimate interests and your rights.
- Marketing. We may contact you to tell you about services or products we believe will be of interest to you. If we do, where required by law, for example if you are a User in the European Union (“EU”), we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt-out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by updating your user settings. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, please contact us at email@example.com. We will continue to contact you via email regarding the provision of our Services and to respond to your requests.
- Targeted Advertisement. Adam4Adam may display targeted advertisements based on Personal Data. Third parties (including ad serving companies) may assume that Users who interact with, view, or click targeted advertisements meet the targeting criteria (e.g., men ages 18–24 from a particular geographic area). Adam4Adam does not provide any Personal Data to the advertiser when a User interacts with or views a targeted advertisement. However, please be aware that by interacting with or viewing an advertisement the third party may make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement.
Publicly posted information
3) When and why we share information
Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, Adam4Adam may also disclose personal and aggregate information when required by a valid legal mechanism such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, or when we deem it necessary, in our sole discretion, to protect our rights and the safety of others, or our members, employees, or properties.
Adam4Adam believes that members' private communications in chat rooms, e-mail, and instant message-like conversations should generally remain confidential. Adam4Adam does not disclose private communications unless ordered to do so through a valid legal mechanism such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, to protect the company's rights and property, or during emergencies when we believe safety is at risk. Please remember that what you write or post in public areas such as chat rooms and message boards is available to all Adam4Adam members, and in many cases other visitors to the Adam4Adam site. Also keep in mind that Adam4Adam is not responsible for what other users may do with private communications you've had with them. While chat and instant message-like conversations pass through Adam4Adam's servers, we do not store logs of these conversations.
We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party service to access your account or when you voluntarily share information or content via our services. Other Users may share or disclose information about you, such as when they mention you.
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions: providers of hosting, email communication and customer support services, analytics, marketing, advertising (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the site and apps, please see the “Cookies” section). Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Site, or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
4) Your rights and choices
5) Data retention and delete information
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
Adam4Adam gives users the following options for removing their information from our database:
- Towards the bottom of the MY ACCOUNT page click on the Delete Account link and follow the instruction provided.
- You can send e-mail to support@Adam4Adam.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your name, username, and e-mail address.
Adam4Adam gives users the following options for changing or modifying information previously provided: In the MY ACCOUNT page user info can be changed in the "Edit My Profile" page and photos can be uploaded or deleted in the "Upload My Photo" page.
Adam4Adam implements security measures to help protect your data from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access. We take data privacy and security seriously. However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable, but all information you provide to us is stored on secured servers. Adam4Adam takes steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free.
We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that information or content posted by a user on or through our Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Services or Social Media Services. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
7) Changes to Policy
8) How you can access your personal information and update your information
You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data.
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may also contact us. Please send all requests for data deletion to email@example.com. We will address your request as required by applicable law. You may also update your Personal Data from your user settings.
9) Information about children
Our services are not available to anyone who is not at least 18 years of age. If you are not at least 18 years of age, you are not permitted to become a Member or use our services.
If you are aware that a child or minor uses our services please contact us using the information provided below or using our reporting tool so we can take appropriate actions.
10) European and international users
Adam4Adam is based in Canada. If you are accessing our Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that your Personal Data will be transmitted to our servers in Canada and the data may be transmitted to our service providers supporting our business operations (described above). Canada may have data protection laws less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in the country in which you are located. Where we transfer your Personal Data out of the EU we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection where it is processed, and your rights continue to be protected.
11) California Privacy Disclosure
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site and apps may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account and editing their profile.
12) Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please feel free to Contact Us.
- Information We Collect
Our website and apps collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information“). In particular, our website and apps have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our or our affiliates’ assets in which personal information held by us or our affiliates about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
- Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data Aggregators.
- Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we’ve collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we’ve collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected about you (also called a data portability request).
If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and;
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
- You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we’ve collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with enough detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales
We will not sell your personal information to any party. If in the future, we anticipate selling your personal information to any party, we will provide you with the opt-out and opt-in rights required by the CCPA.
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
- Contact Information
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com